Welcome and thank you for taking the time to register a vacant and/or foreclosed property with Jackson County. The goal of Jackson County Code Enforcement is to protect the health and safety of the county’s residents and visitors, as well as the livability of the community by assuring compliance with state laws, the county’s land use, environmental and construction codes.
In accordance with ORS 18.995, also known as the “Good Neighbor Law,” Jackson County has elected to maintain a vacant and foreclosed property registration. With the registration, Jackson County can better track, monitor and address issues associated with abandoned and foreclosed properties to increase community livability. There is NO FEE to register, and all banks, lenders and private property owners are required to register and maintain current contact information.
Owners of foreclosed residential real property are required to notify the County of the foreclosed property and provide and maintain current contact information for the period in which the property is vacant. The owners are also required to inspect the property every 30 days, and post in a conspicuous place, a legible notice containing the contact information of an individual or property maintenance company that can be reached 24 hours a day in the event of an emergency.
In addition to providing contact information and regular inspections, owners of foreclosed property are required to:
- Maintain all buildings and structures on the property as to not allow them to fall into such dis-repair that they become a hazard.
- Maintain the growth of grass and foliage so as not to diminish the value of adjacent properties.
- Secure the property from unauthorized entry by trespassers or squatters and prevent them from remaining in any structure on the foreclosed real property.
- Prevent mosquito larvae or pupae from growing in standing water.
- Maintain the property free of solid waste, household refuse or inoperable/abandoned vehicles.
Register a vacant/foreclosed property online.
Download and print a vacant/foreclosed property registration form.