140 S. Holy Street, Medford, OR 97501
How do we help?
Drinking Water Services
• Conduct water system surveys, monitoring, and compliance activities for public water systems to help assure safe public drinking water.
• Investigate public water system complaints and respond to violations of safe drinking water standards.
• Foodborne illness prevention: License and inspect restaurants, mobile units, and temporary restaurants, such as food booths at public events, for compliance with food safety regulations.
• Promote food safety education by administering food handler tests and issuing food handler certificates.
• Investigate food service complaints and reports of foodborne illness.
Group-Use Facility Inspections and Consultations
• Provide health and safety inspections for daycares, school food service, and other group-use settings, for facilities that require these services for their certification or accreditation.
• License and inspect public pools and spas for compliance with health and safety standards and public health law.
• Investigate complaints and reports of waterborne illness that might be associated with public pools and spas.
Tourist Facility Services
• License and inspect hotels/motels, bed and breakfasts, recreational vehicle parks, and organizational camps for compliance with health and safety standards and public health law.
• Investigate complaints regarding unsafe or unhealthy conditions in tourist facilities.
Wood Stove and Open Burning Program
• Reduce particulate air pollution through education, intervention, collaboration, and necessary enforcement of residential wood smoke and open burning regulations.
• Improve compliance with the Jackson County Air Pollution Ordinance by producing the daily wood burning and open burning advisories, responding to complaints, and conducting public education campaigns.