One challenge in preventing open burning is providing cost effective alternatives to burning. Even though a lot of people take pride in helping keep our air clean, still many people will continue to burn if the alternatives are too expensive and/or time consuming. Here are some air friendly alternatives to open burning.
- Located on Avenue G in White City, Biomass has a variety of wood waste recycling programs from home pick-up to a drop-off center. Visit their website or call 826-9422 for more information.
- Call 779-4161 for more information about their yard debris, leaf recycling and composting programs.
Ashland Sanitary and Recycling
- In addition to complete garbage and recycling service, they also have yard debris chipping and leaf disposal services. Visit their website or call 482-1471.
Jackson County Leaf Exchange Program
– Connects people who are trying to get rid of leaves with people who want leaves. Call 774-8207 to be put on the recipient/donor list or to be connected with someone to exchange leaves.
– Located in Central Point, Hilton fuel will accept clean wood only. Call 664-3374 for more information