Jackson County Health & Human Services helps people.
Our department reaches across the county and touches the lives of infants, children, adults and seniors regardless of income, ethnicity, or any other factors. Staff and volunteers are dedicated to helping others in a compassionate, caring manner.
• The Public Health Services program provides a wide range of services to assure the physical well being of Jackson County residents.
• Jackson County Developmental Disabilities Services provides specialized services coordination to eligible individuals who experience intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities such as cerebral palsy, autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome and epilepsy. This program promotes the independence, integration and productivity of the citizens of Jackson County through an array of services and is not income based.
• The mission of Environmental Public Health Services is to promote the health and safety of the community through education and enforcement of public health regulations pertaining to food, pool, and lodging facilities; public drinking water systems; and wood stoves and open burning.
• The Mental Health Program provides a range of community-based mental health services to the citizens of Jackson County, including crisis services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As the Local Mental Health Authority, Jackson County participates in community planning and oversight of the mental health services available in our community. The aim is to promote compassionate and comprehensive care and better opportunities for recovery for those individuals in our community who suffer from mental illness.
• Addiction to alcohol, drugs and gambling has a harmful and costly impact on the lives of children, families and on the community as a whole. Recognizing this, Jackson County, in coordination with the Local Alcohol and Drug Planning Committee, aims to ensure that a continuum of addictions prevention and treatment opportunities are available to county residents. Jackson County participates with local addictions treatment providers to plan for a comprehensive array of treatment services and to promote education and prevention programs in the community and in local schools.
• Jackson County Veterans Services Office helps veterans and families receive information and benefits they are entitled to. The staff interprets regulations, helps gather required documentation, and assists in filing claims for disability, pension, health care and educational benefits for veterans and dependents.
• The mission of Animal Services is to educate the citizens of Jackson County about animal control and animal welfare; to protect human and animal health and safety; to increase responsible pet ownership; reduce the numbers of unwanted pets; and to work towards the reduced need for our services.