March 20, 2019
You are here : Veterans Services

Veterans Services

Veterans ServicesWe are currently seeing clients on an appointment only basis Monday through Friday. This is to ensure adequate time is being spent with every veteran and their claim.

We can assist the veteran or family member with applying for benefits through the Federal VA. This includes service connected disabilities, non service connected pensions, aid and attendance, healthcare applications, education, and appeals. We can also assist in ordering service records and DD-214's. All benefits applied for must meet the legal requirements under Title 38 of federal law. The merits of every case are uniquely different and we can help with building the best possible claim, and helping determine if you may be eligible for a given benefit.

If you have a time sensitive issue, please let us know so we can schedule you to avoid missing any deadlines. Time sensitive issues would include Statements of the Case (SOC), Supplemental Statements of the Case (SSOC), and overpayments. Call our office at the number indicated above to schedule an appointment. You may still drop off paperwork that was requested by the service officer, complete changes of address, or request records and VA Eligibility Letters at any time. Please be aware that we are not employees of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), but employees of Jackson County. Our services are provided to residents of Jackson County and are always free of charge.

To inquire on the status of your claim, please call the VA Regional Office at 1-800-827-1000 ext. 110, or you can make an IRIS inquiry at and have an answer within 5-10 working days.

Frequently Used 800 (Toll Free) Numbers

VA Claims Regional Office - 1-800-827-1000 ext. 110
VA - Medical Center in Roseburg, OR 1-800-549-8387
VA - Medical Center in Portland, OR 1-800-949-1004
VA SORCC in White City, OR 1-800-809-8725
VA - Insurance Center 1-800-669-8477
VA - Cemetery System 1-800-697-6947
Social Security (Direct Deposit) 1-800-772-1213
Retired Pay - Cleveland OH - 1-800-321-1080
Annuity Pay 1-800-435-3396
CHAMPUS - 1-800-741-5048

Report a death of a retiree from any military branch:

Once Benefits are Obtained Remember:
Report status changes promptly to the VA Regional Office in regards to:

  • Address
  • Financial Status
  • Marital Status
  • Dependents Status
Consumer Credit Counseling Services

Active duty and retired military personnel can receive free, confidential credit, debt management, and housing counseling through Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Southern Oregon(CCCS), in Medford and Klamath Falls.  CCCS is a non-profit, accredited United Way agency that has served Southern Oregon and Northern California since 1971.  For free services call Military One Source at 1-866-694-6322 to receive a case number.  For information regarding CCCS services go to or call 541-779-2273.

Outreach Events

For our Gold Hill and Rogue River area residents, we have an outreach at the Rogue River Community Center at 132 Broadway Street on the first Thursday of every month from 8:30 a.m. -11:00 a.m.


For our Applegate/Ruch clients: We will tentatively be co hosting an outreach from 11:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m. the first Wednesday each month beginning November 2nd, 2016 at the Applegate Fire District Station 1 Meeting Room, 18489 N. Applegate Rd.

Clients - Outreach Events
If you are an existing client, please call ahead so we can bring your file with us and to also to ensure we will be there. Last minute changes beyond our control may force an outreach event to be canceled. Currently the outreach events listed above are done on a first come, first served basis.