January 22, 2019
You are here : Veterans Services  >  Resources  >  General Assistance

Veterans Services

General Assistance

Jackson County Veterans Service Office
Certified by the federal Department of Veterans Affairs to assist veterans and their families submit claims and appeals to the DVA. Assists veterans and families in accessing veterans’ benefits through the Federal VA.
140 S. Holly St.
Medford, OR 97501

Social Security Wounded Warrior Program
Military Service Members can receive expedited processing of claims from Social Security. Benefits available through Social Security are different than those of the Department of Veterans Affairs and require a separate application. The expedited process is used for military service members who become disabled while on active military service on or after October 1, 2001, regardless of where the disability occurs.

Rogue Valley Veterans and Community Outreach
The RVVCO empowers families and individuals of Jackson and Josephine Counties to attain self-sufficiency with an enduring commitment to treating all people with dignity and respect.
601 N Grape St
Medford, OR 97501
(541) 779-8564

Oregon Dept of Veterans Affairs
As a veteran, you have certain benefits you earned as a result of your service to your state and country. Survivors and dependents of veterans may also have benefits available; however, these benefits are there for you only if you apply for them.
Phone: 503-373-2000
Phone: 800-828-8801
700 Summer St. NE
Salem, Oregon 97301-1285

National Personnel Records Center
Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records.

US Department of Veterans Affairs

The Southern Oregon White City VA Rehabilitation Center & Clinics (SORCC)
Proudly serves veterans in southern Oregon in the White City rehabilitation center and in the Klamath Falls community-based outpatient clinic.
8495 Crater Lake Highway
White City, OR 97503 Phone 541-826-2111

Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Southern Oregon
Active duty and retired military personnel can receive free confidential credit, debt management and housing counseling through Consumer Credit Counseling Service of S Oregon in Medford, Klamath Falls and Yreka. CCCS is a nonprofit accredited United Way agency that has served Southern Oregon and Northern California since 1971. For free services call Military One Source at 1-866-694-6322 to receive a case number. For information regarding CCCS services call 541-779-2273 or go to:

Welfare Office (Self Sufficiency)
800 Cardley Ave.
Medford, OR 97504
914 W. Main St.
Medford, OR 97501

Veterans In Recovery (VIR)
107 E. Main St. #11
Medford, OR 97501
Veterans in Recovery (VIR) is a 501c3 nonprofit which provides peer delivered service to Veterans, their families, the underserved in Southern Oregon.
Rod Evans, CRM, Executive Director