There are several ways to be released from jail prior to trial. These include:
1. Bail - 10% of your full bail. You may post bail 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 4:00 pm, bail must be posted, in cash at the courthouse, located in the Justice building; 100 S. Oakdale, Medford, Oregon. After hours, bail can be posted several ways using a credit/debit card. You can use the secure website at www.ACCESScorrections.com and post bail. You can also pay by telephone at 1-866-345-1884. We also accept bail by credit card or cash using the kiosk located in the jail lobby. After court hours, the jail front counter can accept cash only for bail. Personal checks are not acceptable unless written by a local attorney on their trust account.
2. Medford Municipal Charges - If the charges are through Medford Municipal Court, bail must be posted through Medford Police Department.
3. Release on Own Recognizance - The court may release you on your promise to appear.
4. Bank Transfers (wire) of funds for bail. This process can take up to three (3) working days to complete. For information about this process you may call the State court at (541) 776-7171 ext. 156. They will not accept collect calls.
5. Dismissed or not filed - The charges may be dismissed or not filed by the District Attorney's Office.
Upon completion of all required court appearances, any bail money (less 15% court fees) not used for fines, fees or assessments will be returned to you, unless the court is owed money on any prior cases. Application for refund must be made to the Clerk of the Court, not the jail.
Arraignment normally occurs at 1:30 p.m. the next scheduled court day after arrest. Arraignments occur in the Justice building located at 100 S. Oakdale Ave, in Medford, Oregon.
Medford Municipal Court is held via video arraignment.