I WANT TO...
5179 CRATER LAKE HWY • CENTRAL POINT, OR
Emergency: 911 / Non-Emergency: 541-776-7206
REPORT A CRIME
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office will be conducting DUII saturation patrols over the extended Thanksgiving holiday weekend. From November 22 to November 26, 2017, deputies working grant-funded overtime will be out looking for impaired drivers. Primary emphasis will be in the rural areas of Jackson County.
Thanksgiving should be a time to celebrate with friends and family. Please join us in keeping this holiday season tragedy-free. Here are some tips for those who include alcohol in their celebration:
* HAVE A PLAN: Plan to drive sober or designate someone else to do so. Save the number of a taxi company in your phone so you always have a backup plan.
* DRINK OR DRIVE: Once you know where you'll celebrate, decide whether you're drinking or driving - choose only one.
* GETTING AROUND: Before you take your first sip, leave your keys at home or give them to a friend. If you're the designated driver, don't drink. If you're impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation to get home safely.
* PASSENGERS, TOO: Drivers aren't the only ones at risk. Only accept a ride from a sober driver.
* HELP A FRIEND: If you know people who are about to drive while impaired, help them to make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely.
Impaired driving has fatal consequences. If you suspect an impaired driver on the road, contact local police immediately. You could save a life.
Categories: Press ReleasesNumber of views: 169
Press Releases are now posted on our
Flash Alert webpage as of October 19, 2017.
For older press releases, see the archive below.