DUII Blitz Planned for Super Bowl Weekend (Photo)
JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. -- Whether you're throwing a Super Bowl party or just attending one, now is the time to plan your strategy to avoid impaired driving. Jackson County Sheriff's Office deputies want you - and everyone else - to be safe on the road over Super Bowl weekend.
Saturation patrols will kick off Friday, February 1, 2019, and continue through Sunday. Grant funding allows JCSO to put extra deputies on our rural roadways without affecting response to normal calls for service.
Don't allow your celebration to be marred by tragedy. The ultimate defense is prevention -- plan ahead to avoid driving while impaired:
* DRINK OR DRIVE: Once you know where you'll celebrate, decide whether you're drinking or driving -- choose only one.
* GETTING AROUND: Save the number of a friend or taxi company in your phone so you always have a backup plan. Use a ride share service if it is available in your area.
* PASSENGERS, TOO: Drivers aren't the only ones at risk. Only accept a ride from a sober driver.
* TEAM EFFORT: Fans don't let fans drive drunk. If you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, help them to make other arrangements.
* SAY SOMETHING: If you suspect an impaired driver on the roadway, call police immediately. It is okay to call 911 to report an impaired driver.
We’re all on the same team when it comes to safety on our roads. Have a safe and enjoyable Super Bowl weekend.