Jackson County Public Health is reporting 17 new COVID-19 cases as of 12:01 am on September 8, 2020. This update brings the total reported COVID-19 cases in Jackson County to 921. To access additional data on the total COVID-19 cases, visit the Situation in Jackson County, Oregon webpage, or the Oregon Health Authority’s COVID-19 Data Dashboard website.
Know Your Risk and Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
The more people a person interacts with and for extended amounts of time increases a person’s risk for contracting and spreading COVID-19. This includes attending and hosting social gatherings with family, extended family, and friends.
Activities that take place outdoors that allow for enough room to maintain physical distancing and involve fewer people are lower risk activities compared to activities that take place indoors that do not allow for physical distancing and involve more people. This guidance will be critical to follow as we approach Labor Day weekend:
- Stay up to date on your vaccinations.
- Stay close to home.
- Wear a face covering if you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Stay home if you’re sick, have a pending COVID-19 test, if you have been a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, or if you have an underlying medical condition that puts you at a higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
- If you host a gathering, have it outside and refrain from hosting large groups of people (10 people or less).
- Provide hand sanitizer or give people easy access to places where they can frequently wash their hands.
- Adjust your food offerings to avoid sharing utensils and offer individual servings. Don’t share drinks.
- During and afterward, thoroughly clean all frequently touched areas your guest had access to.
Overall, people in Oregon should follow the three W’s:
- WEAR a face covering
- WATCH your distance
- WASH your hands
For more information:
The public can call 211-information with general questions
OHA Emerging Respiratory Disease page: www.healthoregon.org/coronavirus
CDC COVID-19 page: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
CDC Travel within the US: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
Jackson County Health and Human Services: http://jacksoncountyor.org/hhs/COVID-19