On Friday, March 19, 2021, Governor Kate Brown announced an accelerated COVID-19 vaccine eligibility schedule for Oregon. Counties that have attested to largely completing the vaccination of residents 65 and older can begin vaccinating those in Phase 1B, Group 6 this week. Phase 1B, Group 7 will now be eligible the week of April 19, 2021, and everyone 16 and older will be eligible the week of May 1, 2021.
Jackson County will begin vaccinating Phase 1B, Group 6, the week of March 29, 2021. As of March 21, 2021, Jackson County has vaccinated 52% of people aged 65 and older.
March 29 remains the statewide date for Phase 1B, Group 6, which includes:
- Adults 45-64 with one or more underlying health conditions with increased risk
- Migrant and seasonal farmworkers
- Seafood and agricultural workers
- Food processing workers
- People living in low-income senior housing, senior congregate and independent living
- Individuals experiencing houselessness (sheltered and unsheltered)
- People currently displaced by wildfires
- Wildland firefighters
- Pregnant people 16 and older
April 19, Group 7 will become eligible:
- Frontline workers as defined by the CDC
- Multigenerational household members
- Adults 16-44 with one or more underlying health conditions with increased risk
On May 1, we will open eligibility to all people in Oregon, 16 and older.
COVID-19 Two-Week Case Data
For weeks 10 & 11 (3/7/2021–3/20/2021), there were a total of 373 new COVID-19 cases. This is a case rate of 168.6 cases per 100,000 population.
It’s important for people in Jackson County to understand that all COVID-19 vaccines are safe and the most effective way to stop the spread of the virus.
- The best COVID-19 vaccine is the one you can get.
- The different vaccines were measured through clinical trials conducted at different times, in different places, measuring different outcomes.
- All our vaccines are proven to be safe and reduce your risks from COVID-19.
Please continue to check the Jackson County Health and Human Services COVID-19 Vaccine website for vaccine locations: https://jacksoncountyor.org/hhs/General/NewsInformation/covid-19-vaccine-1, as new sites are being added.
Resources on vaccine eligibility and where to access the vaccine:
- Jackson County Health and Human Services COVID-19 Vaccine website: https://jacksoncountyor.org/hhs/General/News-Information/covid-19-vaccine-1
- This website will provide information on where people can access the vaccine, how to make an appointment, and list additional resources if people need assistance with scheduling appointments.
- 211 Information is also available to answer questions about vaccine eligibility and access.
- Text ORCOVID to 898211 to get text/SMS updates (English and Spanish only)
- Email ORCOVID@211info.org (All languages)
- Call 211 or 1-866-698-6155 from 6 am – 7 pm daily, including holidays
- Register on the Get Vaccinated Oregon tool and check for county-specific information.
For more information: