Jackson County Public Health reports 49 new COVID-19 cases as of 12:01 am on January 23, 2021. This update brings the total COVID-19 cases to 7,125.
The number of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Region 5 (Jackson and Josephine Counties) is 37, increasing by 2 from the previous day. There are 17 patients in the intensive care unit (ICU), increasing by 3 from the previous day.
The total number of patients in hospital beds may fluctuate between report times. The numbers do not reflect admissions per day, nor the length of hospital stay. Staffing limitations are not captured in this data and may further limit bed capacity.
More information can be found on the OHA COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
For additional information, visit the Jackson County COVID-19 Data Dashboard at Situation in Jackson County, Oregon webpage. The Oregon Health Authority’s COVID-19 Data Dashboard website does publish Jackson County COVID-19 data.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
Vaccination gives us hope that the pandemic will end. Still, in the meantime, we need to continue safety measures to keep the virus from spreading: Wear a mask, physically distance from others, wash your hands, avoid gatherings, and stay home when you're sick.
Today, January 23, 2021, is the last day of the Jackson County Vaccination Event at the Expo. This is a drive-through vaccination event for people in Phase 1A and Phase 1B, Group 1. Individuals who are not in these phases or groups will be turned away.
Who is eligible to be vaccinated at the Expo?
- Phase 1A, Group 1: Hospital workers, EMS, first responders including law enforcement and fire, long-term care residents and staff, urgent care staff, vaccinators.
- Phase 1A, Group 2: Other residential care facilities and congregate care sites including residents, HCP, all staff, and contractors; hospice programs; behavioral health mobile crisis care, secure transport; individuals working in correctional settings.
- Phase 1A, Group 3: Outpatient settings serving specific high-risk groups; in-home care; day treatment services, Non-Emergency Medical Transport.
- Phase 1A, Group 4: All other outpatient, public health, and death care workers. This includes outpatient medical clinics, dental clinics, vision clinics, physical therapy, and pharmacists.
- Phase 1B, Group 1: Daycare providers, early learning, and K-12 educators and staff.
Others in Phase 1B, including individuals 65 and older or the general public, please access the Jackson County Health and Human Services COVID-19 vaccine website. This site will provide updates on who is eligible to receive the vaccine and where to access it.
You can also go to the Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 Vaccine Sequencing website and access the Vaccine Eligibility & FAQ Tool. Use this tool to determine whether your profession or circumstances qualify you for being vaccinated now. To use this tool, select "Let's get started," and the tool will appear in the lower-right of your screen.
For more information: