The Rogue Valley International – Medford Airport is dedicated to providing outstanding public service in air transportation. With our guests, tenants, employees and their families at the center of everything we do, I would like to take the time to address concerns about the novel coronavirus and the steps we are taking at the Airport to continue our commitment to providing a safe, secure, and pleasant environment to all who pass through our doors.
As the situation with the novel coronavirus continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety. We are closely monitoring the situation and following guidance from public health officials and government agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, to include providing multiple antibacterial hand sanitizing stations throughout the Airport, in which our guests are encouraged to use as announced over the Airport’s PA system. In addition to the already in-place antibacterial hand sanitizing stations;
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas, paying particular attention to high touch points such as elevator buttons, door handles, and Airport furniture, specifically arm rests.
- We have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We encourage our guests, tenants, and employees to follow the CDC’s recommended steps to protect themselves and their families from the novel coronavirus. Here are just of few that have been mentioned:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away, or cough in your elbow.
We understand this situation is at the top of everyone’s mind. As circumstances continue to change, our goal is, and will be, to provide a safe and welcoming destination for all guests, tenants, and employees across our communities.
As an additional precaution we have cancelled the Airport Advisory Committee and Air Service Committee Meetings for the month of March.