Jackson County, Oregon, USA

10 South Oakdale Ave, Room 300
Medford, Oregon 97501

Property Data Online

March 23, 2023
You are here : Appraisal  >  Business Personal Property
Business Personal Property

Business Personal Property is any property other than real property which is composed of tangible assets held for use in a business.  Taxable Business Personal Property includes but is not limited to: inventory, supplies, movable furniture, fixtures, equipment, leasehold improvements, rental furnishings and other personal property used by business and industry.  Household personal property, if used for personal use, is not taxed. (ORS 308.290)

January 2016 - New Legislature becomes effective - NO BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY EXTENSIONS will be granted.  Filing date has also been extended from March 1st to March 15th.

Contact our program at 541-774-6094 or by e-mail at Personalproperty@jacksoncounty.org

Department of Revenue Links

Visit the Oregon Department of Revenue forms page at http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/forms/Pages/default.aspx

Search for "Confidential Personal Property Return" for the fillable return.

Search for "Personal Property Assessment and Taxation" for an information letter providing more general information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who has to file a Personal Property Return?

Per ORS 308.290, every person and the managing agent or officer of any business, firm, corporation or association owning, or having in possession or under control taxable personal property shall make a return by March 15, of the property for ad valorem tax purposes to the assessor of the county in which the property has its situs for taxation.

If you were assessed last year, as a convenience to you, the county Assessor may mail you a form prior to January 1. If you do not receive a form from the Assessor you are still obligated to obtain and file a personal property return by March 15. If you need help completing your personal property return or have any other questions not addressed in this text, please call our office at 541-774-6094.