1. Questions about my property?
A. Contact our Front Counter 541-774-6059 or visit Property Data Online.
2. Assessed Value (AV)
A. Assessed Value is the value subject to taxation. AV is the lesser of either the Real Market Value (RMV) or Maximum Assessed Value (MAV). RMV is the value that an informed buyer would pay for a property on January 1st of any given year. The MAV was either established in 1997 or is established when certain events in law trigger the establishment of MAV. For Example, new improvements are built on a property or land is subdivided. Once established, MAV grows by 3% annually.
3. How is property valued?
A. There are three approaches to estimating market value; sales, cost and income approaches. In real property values for all types of properties, the Assessor keeps track of:
• What properties are selling for
• What it would cost today to replace them
• The costs to operate and repair them
• What rents they may earn
• Other factors that affect value
4. I think my value may be incorrect.
A. Contact the Assessor’s Office at 541-774-6059 to review your valuation with a Property Appraiser on staff.
5. Change mailing address on accounts.
A. Contact Treasury and Taxation 541-774-6541.