Jackson County, Oregon, USA

10 South Oakdale Ave, Room 300
Medford, Oregon 97501

Property Data Online

June 02, 2023
You are here : Maps  >  Cartography

The Cartography program maintains property lines, ownership records and taxing district boundaries within Jackson County. Cartographers also review annexation request, review and approve subdivision and partition plats, processes name suppression request and create aerial maps with tax lot boundaries.  To contact Cartography program directly e-mail Cartography@jacksoncounty.org or 541-774-6095.

Additional Services Include:

Annexations - Review and approval of annexation into a Rural Fire Protection District, fees required.

Certification of Charges Paid - HB 2127 effective October 5, 2015 requires certification from Assessor's Office on the legal description before recording can occur verifying all outstanding tax charges, special assessment and fees are current on an entity whose property is exempt from taxation.

Consolidations – All property taxes must be paid before Cartographers will verify ownership and begin paperwork, fees required. Download Consolidation Form.

Death Certificates – If recorded, Cartography does not require a copy; if not recorded, provide a copy at our office.

Divorce – A copy of the entire divorce decree with judge’s signature is required.

Marriage – Marriage certificate is required to change marital last name.  To add a new spouse, contact a title company to record a legal document/deed.

Name Changes after Death – Provide legal document to our office; no wills are accepted.  Contact a circuit court or title company for assistance with probate or affidavit of small estate.

Name Suppression - Public Safety Officers may request to have their names removed from the assessment ownership records. Application and fee required. Download Public Safety Officer Nondisclosure Application.

Situs Address Changes – Contact our office if your physical property address appears incorrect on our records.

Split Existing Lots or Property Line Adjustments – Contact Development Services (Planning Department) and provide a revised legal description.  A title company or surveyor can provide assistance.

Subdivision and Partition Plat Approval - Submit a paper copy including all pages of the plat for review after the appropriate Development Services (Planning Department) approval.  Fee required.

Tax Statement Address Changes – Change mailing address, contact Treasury and Taxation Office. Download Property Tax Change of Address.

Trusts – To change ownership in or out of a trust, seek assistance with a title company or attorney.


What is Remapping?
In accordance with Oregon Department of Revenue mapping standards, the Assessor’s Office is in the process of remapping Jackson County.  Many tax lots were originally mapped in the mid 1950’s, with the majority of property never surveyed.  The acreage for each remapped tax lot is recalculated after the mapping is complete and represents a calculation based on the best data and current technology available.

How does Remapping affect my property?
Property you purchased and hold in deed has not changed only the acreage calculation of what lies within your property’s legal description has changed.  The Assessor’s Office does not have the authority to change your property boundaries without your permission.

Can I Have the New Calculation Changed?
The new acreage calculation is only for assessment and taxation purposes and is not a legal acreage.  If you disagree with the acreage calculation of your property, you have the right to have your property boundary surveyed by a licensed surveyor.  The survey must include the surveyor’s acreage calculation and must be recorded in Jackson County Clerk’s Office.  Cartography will then update our records to the surveyor’s calculated acreage.

River Navigability FAQ