Jackson County, Oregon, USA

 Pay Online

Predatory Sex Offenders

June 02, 2023
You are here : Adult Services  >  DUII Services

DUII banner

DUII Services

Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants is the largest population of individuals monitored by Jackson County Community Justice. Almost every person is allowed a first offense Diversion, and all convicted individuals are required by law to attend an alcohol/drug treatment program. This department's task is to evaluate individual needs and refer each individual to the appropriate treatment. It is also the department's task to monitor compliance and initiate enforcement through the Court when the individual does not follow through with his/her court-ordered obligations.DUII machine

Our office works closely with the Jackson County Circuit Court and District Attorney's Office to ensure efficiency and appropriate consideration on all cases. Our goal is to protect the community from those referred to us for Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants and minimize the chances of repeat behavior through referral to treatment and counseling.

There are approximately 2800 DUII cases being monitored on a regular basis.

Justice Involved Individuals reporting to Community Justice for DUII supervision must complete an alcohol and drug evaluation by an Alcohol and Drug Evaluation Specialist (ADES). This evaluation can be scheduled and completed at the Community Justice Office.

Justice Involved Individuals who have been allowed a Diversion for Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants in Jackson County, Oregon, require an Ignition Interlock Device (IID). These devices are required to be installed and used in any vehicle operated by that individual. The IID Service Provider is required to report notice of any installation or removal of the device or any tampering with the device to Jackson County Community Justice.

For a list of approved service providers and state-approved IID's, visit Oregon.gov. Use the Out of Area Reporting Form for IID Service Providers outside Jackson County if the justice involved individual resides outside the area. IID Service Providers within Jackson County report IID compliance directly to Jackson County Community Justice.

Community Justice Today - DUII Services
Drinking and Driving is a serious offense that requires specific intervention. Watch this video to find out how Jackson County handles DUII Services.

DUII Services Intake Paperwork

DUII paperwork and brochureNOTE: Downloading and returning completed paperwork does not substitute reporting to the DUII Services office.

Out of Area IID Reporting Form
Use the Out of Area Reporting Form for IID Service Providers outside Jackson County.  IID Service Providers within Jackson County report IID compliance directly to Jackson County Community Justice.

DUII Services Program Fees:
The Alcohol and Drug Evaluation is $150.00 that is required to be paid prior to completion of the assessment. If the evaluation fee cannot be paid in full, a payment plan can be arranged.

If the Justice-Involved Individual is non-compliant with the terms of his/her DUII supervision and a motion is filed with the District Attorney's office.

Are you a Veteran?
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) will pay the screening fee for all Veterans.  Veterans are expected to provide proof of Veteran status to be eligible for waived screening fee.  Documentation must be provided prior to scheduling a screening.
Proof of Veteran status includes, but is not limited to:

*Veteran ID card
*Veteran designation on the individual's driver's license or vehicle registration
*VA benefit letter in the individual's name
*VA health care / TRICARE card
*Any official discharge document - a complete list is available at: http://www.va.gov/records/discharge-documents/

DUII Services Program Hours:
Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm 

DUII Services Program Contact:
Emily Cobb, Community Justice Officer
Phone: 541-774-4978
Fax: 541-772-6103

DUII Services - Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I complete an alcohol/drug evaluation (ADES)?
Jackson County Community Justice
1101 West Main Street, Suite 101
Medford, OR 97501 

Where can I attend alcohol/drug treatment?
Refer to the following links for certified treatment providers:

*DUII State Certified Treatment is required for all diversion and conviction offenders.

Where do I complete the Victim's Impact Panel (VIP)?
Jackson County Sheriff's Office - Diversion and Alternative Sentencing Programs Victim's Impact Panel (DUII)

DUII Paperwork & Reporting Forms: