Visitation Rules (All of these rules apply to in person visits, the ones that apply to video visits will have a “VV” at the end of the rule)
- No food, drinks, jacket, or personal bags (purses, backpacks) are allowed in the visitation room.
- For the safety of visitors, clients and staff, visitors may be required to submit to a search before they enter the Transition Center for visitation. Those that refuse the search will not be allowed into the facility.
- Any visitor introducing contraband (weapons, drugs, etc.) into the facility will be reported to local law enforcement.
- No exchange of any items (mail, pictures, papers etc.) is permitted.
- The only physical contact permitted is hand holding above the table. No physical contact above the wrists is permitted. Violation of this rule will result in the visit being terminated.
- All visitors shall be dressed in a manner that adequately covers the body. Sexually provocative clothing as determined by staff discretion is not permitted. VV
- Clients shall be dressed in complete facility issued uniform including socks and shoes. Shirts will be tucked in and coats are not permitted. VV
- Loud arguing or talking, profane or abusive language is not permitted. Conversations are to remain appropriate at all times. VV
- The visit will be terminated if the visitor or client leaves the table for any reason. Visitors will not be allowed to use the restroom during the visit. Changing seats is not permitted. If you have a question during visitation raise your hand and a staff member will help you.
- When a visit is finished or visitation has ended, the client(s) shall remain seated until the visitor(s) have left the room and staff has dismissed them.
- Visitation is limited to the client’s approved visitor. Clients and their approved visitor may not visit with other people during visitation. VV
- Clients are subject to search before, during and after the visit for contraband. Refusal to a search will result in disciplinary action.
- Visitors or clients who violate these posted rules will have their visit terminated immediately and may lose the privilege of future visits. Clients will face disciplinary action for violation of these rules. VV
Child Visitation Rules
- Children must be accompanied by one approved adult. VV
- Physical contact between client and child will be left to the discretion of CJTC staff.
- The adult accompanying the child is responsible for the control and behavior of the child.
The Jackson County Community Justice Transition Center has the right to refuse any visitor and may terminate any visit at any time for any reason. VV
Video Visitations are conducted via kiosks located in the dorms. A visitation list must also be submitted for these visits. All visitors must be approved by their Community Justice Officer prior to being able to set up a visitation. Visitors must contact Legacy to set up the visitation. Visitations will be under surveillance as well, upon approval Attorney visitations are not monitored or recorded. Staff monitoring the visitations may also terminate the visit if any of the visitation rules are violated.
What you will need (From the Legacy Video Visitation Service Brochure)
- A desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device with adobe flash player and web browser
- High-Speed internet connection (wired connection is best)
- Webcam, microphone, speakers, and/or headphones
How it works (From the Legacy Video Visitation Service Brochure)
- Create a prepaid account at www.Legacyinmate.com/Prepaid.
- Click “Sign up Now”
- Enter your personal information, select the facility, and fund your account.
2. Once the facility approves you as a visitor, you can begin scheduling visits.
3. At your scheduled visit time, log into your account.