Jackson County, Oregon, USA
September 30, 2023
You are here : Family Support  >  FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process to establish a child support order?

Following the receipt of an application for services we will need a copy of the child(ren)’s birth certificate, a copy of any existing parenting time plan order and financial information from both parties to make a determination of income and ability to pay child support.  Next, we will prepare a Notice and Finding of Financial Responsibility, which is the administrative legal action to establish a child support order.  The legal action must be properly served on both parties, then we wait the time frame required by law to allow each party time to respond before we can finalize the order.  If a party provides us with new information that impacts the child support calculation we may be able to amend the legal action and re-serve it. If either party requests a hearing we will set the case for an administrative hearing before an Administrative Law Judge, then wait for the receipt of an Administrative Hearing Order.  Finally, we will code the new order to begin billing on the child support accounting system and file the final order in court.

It is important during this process that you read all documentation you receive so you are fully aware of your rights and responsibilities in regard to the legal process, such as your right to a hearing and your right to appeal.