Jackson County, Oregon, USA
January 30, 2023
You are here : Family Support  >  FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process to modify my existing child support order?

Upon your request to review your existing child support order, and receipt of an application for services if appropriate, we will send you a form to request a “modification” of your order.  You can also obtain a request for modification form through the Forms section of this site.  Next we will need a copy of any existing parenting time plan order and financial information from both parties to make a determination of income and ability to pay child support.  The case will be reviewed and usually results in a modification legal action which must be served on both parties.  Then we wait the time frame required by law to allow each party time to respond before we can finalize the order.  If a party provides us with new information that impacts the child support calculation we may be able to amend the legal action and re-serve it on both parties.  If either party requests a hearing we will set the case for an administrative hearing before an Administrative Law Judge, then wait for the receipt of an Administrative Hearing Order.  Finally, we will code the new order to begin billing on the new order amount on the child support accounting system and file the final modification order in court. 

 It is important during this process that you read all documentation served on you so you are fully aware of your rights and responsibilities in regard to the legal process, such as your right to a hearing and right to appeal.