Jackson County, Oregon, USA
January 30, 2023
You are here : Family Support  >  FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

What actions can Family Support take to enforce child support orders?

Most child support payments are made through an order to withhold from the non-custodial parent’s wages.  When a non-custodial parent is not employed we have the challenge to find a way to collect child support.  Some of the tools available to help us collect child support include garnishing bank accounts, suspending licenses (including drivers, hunting, fishing, professional licenses, etc.) and passports, state and federal tax refund interception, contempt of court and jail time. 

While we do our best to collect child support we cannot guarantee that you will receive all or any child support each month.  It is helpful when you keep us informed of any information you may have that assists in locating the non-custodial parent, and their income or assets.