Jackson County, Oregon, USA
January 30, 2023
You are here : Family Support  >  FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

As the non-custodial parent, what if I lost my job and my financial situation has changed and I am unable to make my full child support payment?

In this instance it is extremely important that you contact our office and communicate your situation.  It may be appropriate that you request a modification of your child support order if your financial situation has permanently changed.  Depending on the circumstances you might also be eligible for a temporary payment agreement at a lower amount.  Non-payment of child support and failure to communicate with us will likely result in strong enforcement action, which could include the filing of a contempt action against you for failure to pay child support, and possibly jail time.