Jackson County, Oregon, USA

10 S. Oakdale Ave. Rm # 214
Medford, OR 97501
phone: 541-776-7338

October 01, 2020
You are here : News  >  News & Information
News & Information

Rental and Housing Assistance for Wildfire Victims

Rental and Housing Assistance for Wildfire Victims
  • Wildfire Damage Housing Relief 1-855-215-6158
    OHCS was directed by the 78th Oregon Legislative Assembly to develop, implement and administer the Wildfire Damage Housing Relief Account Program to assist households of lower income that suffer a loss of housing due to a wildfire. To apply for up to $7,000 in assistance, applicants must have had damage or loss to their primary residence due to a wildfire and residence is considered uninhabitable unless repaired or replaced. Applicants must have an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Applicants must provide documentation of loss, proof of homeownership and proof of household income.
  • FEMA - Oregon Wildfires
  • FEMA - First contact your insurance agency if you have one, - then you need to register on the FEMA website at:
     http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ and select APPLY.  Also - here’s a link to the FEMA FAQs and FEMA APP INFO




  • Pacific Northwest Wildfire Relief & Recovery Fund
    The United Ways of the Pacific Northwest launched the Pacific Northwest Wildfire Relief & Recovery Fund to provide displaced families with access to food, shelter, childcare, health care and other critical services. UWPNW will work in partnership with local United Way organizations in impacted communities across the region. All donations will be used to help provide displaced families with access to food, shelter, childcare, health care and other critical services. The fund will help these families meet their emergent and long-term recovery needs.
  • Access Housing Connection Portal – ACCESS has created an online portal to help connect those who have homes or rooms to share with those who have been displaced by local fires. Staff will work on matching and housing.

After a crisis: Filing a claim

  • Immediately contact your insurance company or agent to report your loss. Take reasonable steps to protect against further loss, but do not rush into repairs or rebuilding before getting instructions from your adjuster. Your insurance company may need to do an inspection before repairs begin.
  • Do not throw away damaged property until your adjuster tells you to do so.
  • Before you hire a contractor, get information from the Construction Contractors Board at 503-378-4621. Check licenses at dfr.oregon.gov/help/complaints-licenses


  • State Farm Insurance 
    If you are impacted by wildfires, you can file a claim online, through the State Farm Mobile App, call 1-800-SFCLAIM, or contact your local agent's office. Your agent can also help and give you more time to pay your premium if needed. 
  • Farmers Insurance

    Customers who have been impacted by the fires can file a claim by:

    • Visiting Farmers.com or Foremost.com.

    • Calling their agent.

    • Using the Farmers® Mobile App through their smartphone or tablet.

    • Texting REPORTCLAIM to 29141.

    • Or by calling the 24-hour claims center:

      • Farmers Claims Contact Center number: 1-800-435-7764.

      • Foremost® and 21st Century® customers can also use the 1-800-435-7764 number for assistance.

      • Bristol West® customers can call 1-800-274-7865 for assistance.

      • Spanish-language claims assistance is available to Farmers customers by calling 877-RECLAMO (877-732-5266).

  • Allstate Insurance

Property Taxes

Almeda, South Obenchain, Greenway MM 24, et al fires – Disaster Tax Relief
Individuals who have suffered damage or loss of their property due to the fires are strongly encouraged to file a proration form with the Jackson County Assessor’s office in accordance with ORS 308.425.

Mail Delivery for residents that are displaced

If you have a semi-permanent place to stay or a friend who can receive mail for them indefinitely can simply file a Change of Address online at USPS.com or by filling out a Change of Address card at any post office.  They can request that the mail go to General Delivery if they don’t have a specific address to forward their mail to, and can pick it up at the post office.  Ordinary address change requests usually take 7-10 to take effect. 

  • Customers can request an expedited temporary or permanent change of address due to the wildfire situation by going to the Medford, Oregon Post Office to request help in person with expediting their change of address request.  The process is:
  • Customer will fill out a change of address card and the office will scan it and send it via email to the USPS change of address center where they will expedite processing. (Any expediting of these requests cannot be done via the online form)
  • If the office does not have change of address cards in stock the customer can provide the employee with their address on record and the address they want their mail forwarded to.  The Post office itself will email that information to the change of address center for processing.  
  • Customers requesting expedited service will need to present their identification which must be current with the address they are requesting their mail be forwarded from.  

U S Postal Service - Talent, OR
Mail pickup for displaced residents in Phoenix and Talent is at 173 Ehrman Way in Medford

Free Mailboxes at UPS Store #2465 (next door to Harry & David). Free mailboxes (up to three months) for anyone who has lost their home. Folks can have their mail and packages forwarded to a true physical address. Customers can just stop by the store any day M-F (8-6) and Saturday (9-5) to get signed up.

Information for Jackson County Voters Displaced by Wildfires - November 3, 2020 General Election

Documents to download