Rogue Valley Preparedness and Recovery Hub
Currently focused on the fires burning in Jackson and Josephine Counties - primary focus is now response. As initial event chaos and distress begins to shift, this site will move with our community need to long term recovery efforts.
FEMA - First contact your insurance agency if you have one, - then you need to register on the FEMA website at: http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ and select APPLY. Also - here’s a link to the FEMA FAQs:
Jackson County Expo - Shelter and Community Resource Center
1 Peninger Road, Central Point, Oregon 97502
Ashland Christian Fellowship – 50 West Hersey St. Ashland OR 97520
Resource center for food, clothing and a hot meal. sleeping shelter for displaced or evacuated folks.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Central Point - 2305 Taylor Rd, Central Point, OR 97502
Space for trailers/RVs and spaces inside
Court House Family Fitness – 709 N. Phoenix Rd., Medford - call 541-245-0432 ext. 2 for information
Free showers to those affected by the fires. (Monday-Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 12pm to 3:30pm)
East Evans Creek Community Center – 8205 E Evans Creek Rd, Rogue River, OR 97530
50 people (541) 582-6006
Edgewater Christian Fellowship – 101 Assembly Cir, Grants Pass, OR 97526
50 people (541) 474-7172
First Presbyterian Church - 85 S. Holly Street, Medford, or 97501
25 people - (907) 347-3365
Grace Baptist Church Rogue River – 4233 E Evans Creek Rd, Rogue River, OR 97537
541-291-2714 for information on services
Harvest Time Fellowship – 345 2nd Street Gold Hill, OR
25 people for evacuation, Call to confirm room – Jerry Frasier 707-845-6310
Klamath Falls Gospel Mission -1931 Mission Ave., Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Fire evacuee center with tents and cots. For more information 541-882-4895
New Life Church of the Nazarene - 1974 E. McAndrews Road, Medford, OR 97504
50 people and 200 vehicles (RVs accepted) - (541) 779-7777
St. Vincent de Paul - 2424 N. Pacific Hwy, Medford
20 vehicles (RVs not accepted) St. Vincent's continues to offer showers and laundry services, sack lunches, groceries, clothing, household goods and traditional Social Services -- financial assistance with rent, utilities, etc. For more information, call (541) 772-3828 - (541) 772-3828
St. Anne Church parking lot in Grants Pass – 1131 NE 10th St, Grants Pass, OR 97526
The Salvation Army HOPE House transitional shelter program site in Medford is now operating as an Evacuee Shelter while still housing program participants. We are currently housing 31 evacuees and have the capacity for 50 evacuees. Meals are being provided for evacuees at the shelter. If you need assistance please call 541-773-6965 x101. The Thrift Store will open SEPT 10 to evacuees to redeem clothing vouchers.
Free meals for all in Medford from 11 AM-12:30 PM:
- North Medford High School
1900 Keene Way Dr. Medford, OR
- Jefferson Elementary School
333 Holmes Ave. Medford, OR
- Howard Elementary School
286 Mace Rd. Medford, OR
- Jackson Elementary School
713 Summit Ave. Medford, OR
- Oak Grove Elementary School
2838 W. Main St. Medford, OR
- Roosevelt Elementary School
1212 Queen Anne Ave. Medford, OR
Free meals for all in Ashland from 11AM-1:00 PM:
- Ashland Middle School
100 Walker Avenue Ashland, OR
- Ashland High School
201 South Mountain Ave Ashland, OR
- Eagle Point School District: Kids FREE curbside meals Thursday and Friday, September 10th & 11th, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM! FREE meals will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis to 0-18 yr old children at the Lower Table Rock Campus (WC) and Hillside Elementary (EP).
RVTD Expo Shuttle: RVTD is running the following routes to and from the Jackson County Expo. Passengers should look for a Valley Lift paratransit van with the RVTD logo on the side. The shuttles run Monday through Saturday every 30 minutes between 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM and again at 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM.
• Central Point shuttle- runs between the Expo and Central Point Albertson's/Goodwill on Freeman Rd. The Route 40 serves this shopping center. Anyone wanting to get to the Expo should get off the Route 40 at the stop on Freeman Rd. and walk to the Goodwill to wait in front for the shuttle.
• South Gateway Medford shuttle- runs between the Expo and the S.Gateway Walmart and also the S. Medford Goodwill. The S. Walmart is served by the 1X and the S. Medford Goodwill is served by the Route 24. Anyone wanting to get to the Expo needs to wait in front of either store. RTVD Bus Route Info
RTVD temporary services include:
- Route 10 short- traveling between front street station and south stage road using the route 10 footprint.
- Ashland loop - a limited loop route is serving the city of Ashland between the Plaza and Bimart.
- An emergency 1x will operate traveling between Medford and Ashland using 1-5.
Community Resource Organizations
Mental Health Supports (in the event of an emergency, call 911)
Seniors and People with Physical Disabilities
Services for Seniors and People with Physical Disabilities: Medicaid programs, food and nutrition services, report abuse and neglect. 2860 State St, Medford, OR 97504-8474 - Phone (541) 776-6222 or 1-866-405-6042
Southern Oregon Lions Sight & Hearing Center (SOLSHC) at 228 N Holly St in Medford. People who have lost their eyeglasses during the fire and evacuation can receive replacement, reconditioned glasses from the Lions.
The person needs to present a valid prescription from their optometrist or ophthalmologist to allow a proper prescription match.
Your eye doctor should be able to provide the prescription from their records.
SOLSHC hours are limited. Please call 541-779-3653 for available times.