Property information is located on the Auction List & Results page.
Below are some general guidelines for the County's annual auction. A detailed Auction Biddier Instruction sheet is provided at the bottom of this page.
1. There is normally only one public auction per year and is held at the County Courthouse at 10 S Oakdale Ave Medford, OR 97501.
2. The auction is advertised in the local newspaper and on the County website for four consecutive weeks before the sale.
3. Any person desiring to bid must do so in person or may send a representative to bid on their behalf. Bidders are asked to register online prior to arriving at the auction. The online bidder registration link will be available on the Auction List & Results page.
4. Properties are offered for sale with a minimum bid specified on Auction Listing.
5. Payment in full is required at the time of sale on properties with a closing bid under $10,000. Properties with a closing bid exceeding $10,000 must pay a down payment of 10%, with the remainder of the purchase price due within five (5) business days. Payments must be made using cash or certified funds (no personal or business checks). Down payments are non-refundable, and all purchases are considered final.
6. A Certificate of Sale is issued to the purchaser at the time of sale, with a quit claim deed prepared within 180 days of the auction. We make no warranty on these properties and do not provide title insurance.
7. In the state of Oregon, a previous owner’s right of redemption ends at the time the property is deeded to Jackson County. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to determine the existence of any other existing liens.
8. Properties not selling at auction may be offered later as a private sale.
For questions or if you wish to be placed on the auction notification list, please email your request to email@example.com.
Other County Upcoming Public Auctions
Linn County - WEDNESDAY AUGUST 9
Klamath County - THURSDAY AUGUST 17