If you have COVID-19-like symptoms (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea) follow the steps below:
Stay home and separate yourself from other people in your home. This is known as home isolation. It is important that you do not go out in public if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19. It is important not to spread this illness to other people. Do not travel, attend social gatherings, or go to work if you have COVID-19-like symptoms.
Call your medical provider or a medical clinic that is testing for COVID-19. Let them know you have COVID-19-like symptoms and ask to be tested for COVID-19. Your medical provider may want to see you in person, make sure to wear a mask to your appointment. Be sure to access medical care if you begin to feel worse or if it is an emergency.
Get tested. People with mild symptoms of COVID-19 should be tested to see if they have the virus, you can go through your medical provider or contact one of the health centers that is testing for COVID-19. If you have been a close contact, you can access testing. But you cannot test our of quarantine recommendations. Access the Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 Testing in Oregon website to find a testing center near you. Using the COVID-19 Testing in Oregon website will be the best way to access current information on testing locations in Jackson County.
Cover your coughs and sneezes. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away and wash your hands immediately. If you do not have tissues, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
Wash your hands often. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Wear a mask. When you leave your home to access medical care and when you go to get tested.
For urgent and life threatening-medical needs, call 9-1-1 right away!
Healthcare Centers that are testing for COVID-19 in Jackson County:
- Asante: Services are available to everyone. Call your medical provider first, or call the Asante COVID-19 hotline at 541-789-2813. You can also visit https://www.asante.org/.
- Providence: Services are available to everyone. If you are an established Providence patient, contact your medical provider. If you are a new patient, you can call 541-732-7700. If you are not an established patient, visit the Providence website https://coronavirus.providence.org/ or call Stewart Meadows Urgent Care 541-732-9362.
- La Clinica: Testing is available for current La Clinica patients, anyone in the community who is uninsured, has no other doctor, or anyone who speaks Spanish only. Call 541-535-6239 to speak with a nurse.
- Valley Immediate Care: Services are available to everyone. Valley Immediate Care is open seven days a week and their main phone number is 541-734-9030.
- Rite Aid Pharmacy #06776: Located at 636 N Maint St. Phoenix OR. Appointment is required. Call 541-535-1561.
*Testing and treatment for COVID-19 is available to all people, regardless of documentation status.