JACKSON COUNTY AIRPORT AUTHORITY
Invitation to Bid (ITB) for Public Improvement – East Apron Expansion and Drainage Facility
FAA AIP Project No. 3-41-0037-060-2023
Bids due 2:00 p.m., March 29, 2023
Sealed Bids for the construction of the East Apron Expansion and Drainage Facility,addressed to Jackson County Airport Authority, Attn: Amber Judd, Interim Airport Director, will be received at the Jackson County Airport Authority Administration Office, 1000 Terminal Loop Parkway, Suite 201, Medford, OR 97504, until March 29, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. local time, as shown on the wall clock in the Administration Office, and then will be publicly opened and read.
Major project elements include:
- Pavement removal
- Crack sealing
- Construction of pavement sections including approximately 16,000 Tons of Asphalt and 3,700 Cubic Yards of Concrete
- Site grading and Construction of a Stormwater Facility
- Installation of Approximately 4,000 feet of underground pipe
- Pavement marking
Drawings and Specifications may be examined at the Jackson County Airport Authority Administration Office, at address above, and the offices of the Engineer, Precision Approach Engineering, Inc., 5125 SW Hout Street, Corvallis, OR 97330, phone 541-754-0043, or 5000 Cirrus Drive, Suite 210, Medford, OR 97504, phone 541‑608-3583.
A copy of the Documents may be obtained at Jackson County’s procurement website– https://jacksoncountyor.org/projects. Notice #AIP 60 East Apron Expansion – Phase 1.
No bid for a construction contract shall be received or considered by Jackson County unless the Bidder is registered with the Construction Contractors Board as required by ORS Chapter 701.
This contract requires compliance with ORS 279C.800 to 279C.870. ORS 279C.838 requires state prevailing wage rates to be paid on projects subject to both the state prevailing wage rate law and the federal Davis-Bacon Act (40 U.S.C. 3141, et seq), if the state prevailing rate of wage is higher than the federal prevailing rate of wage. Reference “Prevailing Wage Rates for Public Works Contracts in Oregon Subject to BOTH State PWR Laws: https://www.oregon.gov/boli/WHD/PWR and the Federal Davis-Bacon Act: https://wdolhome.sam.gov.
The Bidder must agree that the requirements and conditions of employment be observed and minimum wage rates as established by the U.S. Secretary of Labor be paid under the Contract.
Pursuant to ORS 279C.505, Bidders must submit written documentation satisfactory to Jackson County that Bidder has an employee drug-testing program in place.
Bidder must adhere to the following federal provisions, included by reference:
- Buy American Preferences (Title 49 United States Code, CHAPTER 501)
- Foreign Trade Restriction: Denial of Public Works Contracts to Suppliers of Goods and Services of Countries that Deny Contracts to Suppliers of Goods and Services of Countries that Deny Procurement Market Access to U.S. Contractors (DOT Regulation 49 CFR PART 30)
- Davis Bacon Act (DOL Regulation 29 CFR Part 5)
- Affirmative Action to Ensure Equal Employment Opportunity (Executive Order 11246 and DOL Regulation 41 CFR PART 60)
- Government-wide Debarment and Suspension and Government-wide Requirements for Drug-free Workplace (DOT Regulation 49 CFR PART 29)
Jackson County may reject any bid not in compliance with all prescribed public bidding procedures and requirements, and may reject for good cause any and all bids upon a finding of the agency that it is in the public interest to do so.
An optional pre-bid conference will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 15th, 2023. Potential bidders are strongly encouraged to attend. Conference may also be attended virtually by using the information below, however, a site visit is anticipated to occur immediately after the project information presentation.
Microsoft Teams Link:
Or call in (audio only) Phone Number: (347) 618-4825, Phone Conference ID: 368012668#
For information concerning the proposed work, contact Josh Lekkerkerker, Precision Approach Engineering, e-mail: email@example.com, 541-754-0043