Rogue Valley Rebuilds 2180

Legal help for fire survivors

Fire survivors can get free or affordable legal help with variety of issues, such as: 

  • Insurance claims for medical bills, loss of property, and loss of life
  • New wills, powers of attorney, and other legal papers lost during the disaster
  • Home-repair contracts and contractors
  • Problems with landlords
  • Proof of home ownership
  • FEMA appeals

Oregon Disaster Legal Services website (lots of info and free resources)

ABA Disaster Legal Services (free for low-income fire survivors)

  • All issues:  (800) 621-3362  [for TTY call (800) 462-7585]

Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (free for qualified fire survivors):

Center for Non-Profit Legal Services

  • Landlord / Tenant and Housing issues:  541-779-7291 [seniors call 541-779-7000] or visit office at 225 W. Main St, Medford.

Legal Aid Services of Oregon (free for low-income)

  • Foreclosure: (503) 227-0198 or (855) 412-8828
  • Public Benefits (government assistance programs like SSI, SNAP, TANF): (800) 520-5292
  • Income Tax: (888) 610-8764

Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service (fee-based, but a reduced-fee program is available)

  • All issues: (503) 684-3763 or (800) 452-7636


More resources: 

Mobile Home park residents

Insurance claim disputes