In Step 2, cleanup crews hired by the State are removing ash, debris, and hazard trees from burned properties. Cleanup is occurring in two tiered phases (described below). Efficiency and safety are top priorites for planning the work, so large crews will mobilize to complete an entire neighborhood at once prior to moving to other areas. The Jackson County Debris Removal Taskforce, a cooperation between Phoenix, Talent, and Jackson County, has prioritized the cleanup effort as follows:
- Phase 1a [COMPLETE]
- Bear Lake Estates, 300 Luman Rd., Phoenix (200+ site mobile home park, prioritized for FEMA Direct Housing)
- Phase 2a [COMPLETE]
- Talent Mobile Estates, 460 Arnos Rd, Talent (prioritized for FEMA Direct Housing)
- Totem Pole Trailer Park, 812 S Pacific Hwy, Talent (prioritized for FEMA Direct Housing)
- Phase 2b [COMPLETE]
- Mountain View Estates, 333 Mountain View, Talent (164 site mobile home park)
- Phase 3a [COMPLETE]
- Rogue Valley Mobile Village, 3761 S Pacific Hwy, Medford (prioritized for FEMA Direct Housing)
- Phase 3b [COMPLETE]
- Whispering Pines Mobile Home Park, 93 Northridge Terrace, Medford
- Phase 4
- Coleman Creek Estates, 139 Valley View Dr, Medford (mobile home park)
- Phase 5
- Bear Creek Mobile Home Park, 300 Luman Rd, Phoenix
- Northridge Terrace, Medford (mix of single, multi-family housing and mobile homes)
- Phases 6-15
- Bel Air Mobile Trailer Court, 3653 S Pacific Hwy
- Royal Oaks Mobile Manor, 4069 S Pacific Hwy
- San Rogue Mobile Home Park, 3957 S Pacific Hwy [COMPLETE]
- Wagner Creek Estates (mobile park), 205 South Pacific Hwy [COMPLETE]
- Horizon Mobile Village, 4074 S Pacific Hwy
- Pacific Village Mobile Home Court, 3966 S Pacific Hwy
- Boylans Mobile Home Park, 3628 S Pacific Hwy
- Dun Rov'n (mobile park), 4385 S Pacific Hwy
- Greenway Village (mobile park), 4729 South Pacific Highway Phoenix
- Carefree Mobile Village, 3848 S Pacific Hwy Medford
- Phase 16
- Suncrest Townhouse Apartments, 240 Suncrest Rd, Talent
- Apartments at 220 Suncrest Rd, Talent [COMPLETE]
- Apartments at 615 Talent Ave, units 1-9, Talent
- Barnum Subdivision, Phoenix, neighborhood including Barnum Drive., Arana Drive, Brandon Way, and Dano Drive
- Talent neighborhoods including Ganges Drive, Village Court., Creekside Way and Davidson Way and connecting roads to Rapp Road (mixture of single family, multi-family and apartments)
- Obenchain area
- Coleman Creek Mobile Home Park, Phoenix, 135 N. Phoenix Road (mobile home park).
- Samuel Loop Subdivision, Phoenix, Samuel Lane Loop Road. (single family)
Within each tier, multiple areas will be worked simultaneously, and not necessarily in the order listed. Scheduling of cleanup activities will be based on situational conditions. As FEMA continues to refine their plans and complete agreements with selected mobile home park owners, these priorities may change to clean up those mobile home parks where FEMA will place trailers for direct temporary housing. For more information about cleanup priorities, download the 'General Guiding Principles for Almeda Cleanup' document below.
When the State-led cleanup is complete on a property, the State will issue the participating property owner a notice stating debris has been removed, soil has been tested, and the Right of Entry is no longer in effect. After this completion notice is issued, the property is cleared for rebuilding.
To participate in Step 2 cleanup, property owners must complete a Right of Entry form and the property cleanup questionnaire.
More information is available at wildfire.oregon.gov/cleanup or by calling 503-934-1700.
It is estimated to take 6-18 months to complete all properties, depending on weather and property access limitations. You can subscribe to get email updates regarding cleanup progress.