Rebuilding lost structures

We know residents are eager to rebuild their lost homes and commercial buildings.  Officials are eager, too.  Local, state, and federal agencies are urgently working together to plan and execute a comprehensive rebuilding strategy. The effort will occur in three main phases:

  1. Cleanup and debris removal
  2. Planning and permitting
  3. Construction 

Officials are mainly focused on the first phase right now, cleaning up the fire zone, which has to happen before any rebuilding can begin.  While clean-up is going on, officials will be meeting with key stakeholders to discuss constraints, opportunities, and priorities for replacing lost housing and commercial space.  Agencies will also be looking for ways to streamline the permitting process so that construction can begin as quickly as possible.  

Keep in mind that re-construction on such a large scale will take a long time, even with everyone working as fast as they can.  That's why inter-agency collaboration and regional coordination are so important.  Officials from Jackson County and the cities of Phoenix and Talent are committed to working together to ensure that rebuilding efforts move forward efficiently and responsibly.

More information will be posted here as it becomes available.