(541) 774-8184

Jackson County Roads
News & Information

Is Your Street Light Dark?

Is it in White City?

  • 4 November 2022
  • Author: J Domis
  • Number of views: 779
Is Your Street Light Dark?

On our website, we already have a page which describes the Lighting District in detail.  Please visit that page to learn more.

If you would like to report a street light in the White City area which is not working correctly, please call our office at 541.774.8184 during our normal business hours of 8-5 Monday-Friday or use our web form to report the problem.  Please be ready to describe the location of the light at a minimum as well as the general problem (dark at night/lit up during the day/etc.).  Most poles have a tag indicating a reference identifier - that code is helpful to know just which light needs attention.

If your street light falls in another jurisdiction such as along a state highway or in a city, please contact the appropriate agency.

And lastly, since we have you here already reading about street lights, this seems like a good opportunity to remind you that street lights are powered by electricity and many of these lights are adjacent to neighborhood yard areas. If you (or your neighbor) have a desire to dig up the front yard for a home improvement project, be sure and "Call Before You Dig".  Before excavating, call the Oregon Utility Notification Center (OUNC)  at 1-800-332-2344 (or 811).  Learn more at:  Stay safe!


Current Work and Road Projects

Online Road Files

Gravel Road Information

Jackson County Roads is focused on maintaining our public road right-of-ways. To that end, we and our contractors are out in force most every day performing maintenance and construction work. The graphic above links to our projects page where you can access information about what we are accomplishing, including a list of what we plan to work on each day. See the Happening Today! - Daily Projects PDF to get information to help you plan your travel routes.

Adopt-A-Road Program

volunteers picking up trash

Jackson County Roads has a program to provide citizens who are concerned with Jackson County’s environment an opportunity to control litter and improve the appearance of the county road system. Learn about our Adopt-A-Road Program.

Oregon 811

For safety, please call before you dig.