(541) 774-8184

Jackson County Roads
News & Information

Signs Damaged or Down? - We Want To Know!

  • 21 February 2020
  • Author: J Domis
  • Number of views: 865
Signs Damaged or Down? - We Want To Know!

While it is true that some signs are more critical to safe travelling (such as stop signs) than others, all of our signs are important.  From that perspective, we want to know if they are damaged, knocked down, or in any way not working right so we can fix them.  Whether it is a simple street sign to help visiting relatives find your home, a curve warning sign to help a new driver negotiate an unfamiliar roadway, or a stop sign at a busy intersection, all of these types of signs are important and should be in good working order – up, visible, and understandable.

In accordance with national requirements and manufacturers guidelines, Jackson County replaces each of its warning and regulatory signs after it has been on the roadway for 10 years. This keeps the signs from becoming faded or losing their reflectivity. Guidance signs, such as street signs, are usually replaced every 10 years, although there is no requirement.   

As you may know, the various signs you see as you travel around our area are managed by various agencies.  Our ‘county roads’ are typically found outside city limits, but are not state highways or the interstate.  Typical county roads include Old Stage Road, Antelope Road, Dead Indian Memorial Road and Butte Falls Road.  Overall, we manage over 760 miles of roads with over 14,000 signs installed!  That is A LOT of ground to cover, therefore we appreciate your reports of problems.  To report sign damage (or any other problem along our roads) you can call us at 541.774.8184 or use our ‘Report-A-Problem’ form on the website.

For your information, State-managed roadways such as Interstate 5 and highways such as 62, 140, 234, 238 and 66 are the responsibility of the Oregon Department of Transportation.  You can report a problem directly to their dispatch center at 541.858.3103.  Also, if the problem is inside city limits, please contact the appropriate city department.

Thank you for working with us to keep our signage in the best shape possible.


Theme picker

Current Work and Road Projects

Online Road Files

Gravel Road Information

Jackson County Roads is focused on maintaining our public road right-of-ways. To that end, we and our contractors are out in force most every day performing maintenance and construction work. The graphic above links to our projects page where you can access information about what we are accomplishing, including a list of what we plan to work on each day. See the Happening Today! - Daily Projects PDF to get information to help you plan your travel routes.

Adopt-A-Road Program

volunteers picking up trash

Jackson County Roads has a program to provide citizens who are concerned with Jackson County’s environment an opportunity to control litter and improve the appearance of the county road system. Learn about our Adopt-A-Road Program.

Oregon 811

For safety, please call before you dig.