The Jackson County Jail has contracted with GTL VisitMe to provide inmates with the ability to receive video visits.
These visits work similar to a Skype call. To initiate a visit, you will need to set up an account with GTL VisitMe on their website at GTL Visitor Web 8.0 (gtlvisitme.com). Once your visitor account is established, you will be able to schedule the visit at a time that is convenient to you.
In order to perform a video visit, you will need the following items prior to the scheduled visit. Please confirm that you have these items and that they are in working order to ensure the best video visitation experience.
- Desktop computer or laptop
- A web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera)
- High-speed DSL or cable internet connection (A wired internet connection provides a better connection than WIFI)
- Webcam (HD webcam will provide the best picture quality)
- External or built-in microphone and speaker (Headphones will provide best audio quality)
- Adobe Flash Player
There are many benefits to scheduling a video visit in lieu of an in-person visit, including:
- It's convenient and works around your schedule
- Visit from the comfort of your home
- Video visitation allows for children to visit loved ones as often as you choose
- Eliminates expense and travel time to the facility for out of town friends and family
All video visits are initiated by the visitor. Inmates are not able to initiate or schedule any video visits. Video visits may be monitored by staff and terminated at any time. If you have any questions about video visits with inmates at the Jackson County Jail, you can contact GTL’s Customer Service at 1-855-208-7349..