The Jackson County Jail has contracted with ViaPath Technologies to provide Adults-In-Custody (AIC) with the ability to receive video visits.
These visits work similar to a Zoom or Skype call. To initiate a visit, you will need to set up an account on the website at www.gettingout.com. Once your visitor account is established, you will be able to schedule the visit at a time that is convenient to you.
In order to perform a video visit, you will need the following items prior to the scheduled visit. Please confirm that you have these items and that they are in working order to ensure the best video visitation experience.
- A computer.
- A webcam and a microphone, or a computer with these components built in (most laptops have these built in).
- An internet browser. Internet browsers Safari 4 and higher, or Firefox 7 and higher, are strongly recommended. Using other browsers may not load the page appropriately in order to begin your visit. We are not responsible for technical problems or issues that may arise from using an unsupported browser.
- For the best visit experience you should use headphones, but they are not required.
- High speed internet (DSL or Cable) connection (dial up and satellite are not supported).
There are many benefits to scheduling a video visit in lieu of an in-person visit, including:
- It's convenient and works around your schedule
- Visit from the comfort of your home
- Video visitation allows for children to visit loved ones as often as you choose
- Eliminates expense and travel time to the facility for out-of-town friends and family
All video visits are initiated by the visitor. AICs are not able to initiate or schedule any video visits. Video visits may be monitored by staff and terminated at any time. If you have any questions about video visits with AICs at the Jackson County Jail, you can contact ViaPath’s Customer Service at 1-866-516-0115.